Welcome to Farming the Web
This new venture was taken on by the Alberta Forage Industry Network (AFIN) through a successful grant application to the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) for funding to create and power Farming the Web, which will replace Ropin' the Web’s General Store.
AFIN is an organization that is passionate about agriculture and forages, AFIN’s top priority is to ensure the new website is user friendly and practical.
Farming the Web has been developed to buy and sell agriculture products! We need your feedback to make this your “go to” site for agricultural products, please contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions that you may have.
Until 2002 the Alberta Forage Council represented the interests of the forage industry in Alberta. In 2002, the Council merged with applied research associations to become the Agricultural Research and Extension Council of Alberta (ARECA). ARECA has evolved to become a broader umbrella organization representing the entire agricultural sector in the province of Alberta.
Several meetings were held with representatives from the Alberta forage industry between 2007 and 2010 determining if there was enough interest to create an organization specifically representing the multifaceted forage industry. The result was the formation of the Alberta Forage Industry Network Society or "AFIN" in 2010.
The objectives of AFIN include:
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among producers and other stakeholders in the forage industry
- To champion research, education and extension for the management and use of forages
- To foster communication between the forage industry, governments and the public
- To represent the Alberta forage industry nationally and internationally
- To manage, sell, lease, mortgage, dispose of, or otherwise deal with the property of the Society
Visit albertaforages.ca for more information about AFIN.